Our philosophy on secure web hosting
At BrownBoots Interactive, security is always a top priority. We take every precaution when it comes to web security, continually evaluating emerging technologies and implementing new measures, as necessary, to reduce the vulnerability of our bank websites.
Whenever possible, we prefer to host the bank websites we build. It adds efficiency throughout the development phase and allows us to more directly address any issues that might crop up down the road.
Website security features
- 24/7/365 network monitoring
- Content delivery network (CDN)
- Customized geolocation blocking (read and/or post)
- Daily change logs
- DDoS mitigation
- Dedicated, managed servers (system patches, software updates, etc.)
- Emergency failover page
- Firewall protection and maintenance
- Malware scans
- Managed DNS
- Redundant backups stored in multiple secure locations
- SFTP read/write account
- SSAE-18 certified data centers
- SSL certificates
- Support of .bank domain
- Synchronized dual servers with load balancing
- Time access restrictions to publish CMS
- Vulnerability scans
SSAE-18 compliant web servers
BrownBoots reserves firewall-protected, secure web servers located in SSAE-18 compliant data centers, which includes redundancies and multiple power sources. This severely limits the likelihood of website interruptions. These servers are owned by Leaseweb and monitored 24 hours a day.
Additionally, our websites are saved and stored in multiple locations, giving us the ability to restore website content quickly if an unforeseen issue arises.
We integrate secure socket layer (SSL) certificates for all our bank websites. SSL certificates allow us to encode login data exchanged over the internet between your customers’ computers and your website.
BrownBoots recommends using a free, auto-renewing SSL certificate. We also offer an optional five-year Extended Validation (EV) SSL certificate.