BrownBoots is now offering affordable websites for nonprofits while giving financials the opportunity to contribute to half (or more!) of the cost.
A dozen details about our dual webservers
You know what they say: two servers are better than one!
Because BrownBoots always prioritizes web security, we continue to seek out new measures to reduce vulnerabilities and increase uptime. Recently, we implemented a dual-server network to augment our already-robust secure web hosting features.
Here’s what you need to know:
1. BrownBoots has expanded its relationship with Leaseweb to include two data centers in disparate geographical regions — one in Chicago, Illinois and the other in Manassas, Virginia.
2. The BrownBoots content management system (CMS) automatically publishes to both servers simultaneously and securely to keep your bank website in sync across the network.
3. Our content delivery network (CDN) uses both servers to deliver webpages efficiently, distributing the workload across the network to optimize performance. One server delivers the website to some visitors, while the second delivers it to other visitors.
4. If one of the webservers experiences an interruption, the CDN automatically delivers content from the other server exclusively — a redundancy designed to circumvent downtime for all visitors.
5. BrownBoots staff can instantly determine which server is delivering content and quickly compare how your bank website performs on the two servers.
6. Upon request, we can also provide our clients with the ability to identify which webserver is currently delivering the data.
7. Our clients receive reports comparing the data on each server twice daily seven days a week: once at 7 a.m. and again at 4 p.m.
8. BrownBoots can take one of the servers offline, as necessary, to isolate any potential issues.
9. Transitions from one webserver to the other is instantaneous and seamless, so visitors won’t even notice a change.
10. We continue to use a 24/7/365 system for monitoring the performance of the webservers and the network.
11. Both servers are equipped with powerful firewalls to protect against malware and mitigate DDoS attacks, and the servers are each located in SSAE-certified data centers.
12. As always, you can monitor the status of our dual-server network at brownboots-status.com at any time.
All of this adds up to responsive bank websites that perform optimally with minimal interruptions — a win-win for both you and your customers!