Roughly six years after its debut, the .bank top-level domain (TLD) fails to dominate. Here are the current pros and cons of a .bank domain.
2021 Simple CMS Survey Results
We love our content management system (CMS), and we want you to love it, too.
It’s why we’ve added a suite of robust tools to the CMS over the years, including an audit report, locations manager, staff directory tool, blog system, alert manager, financial calculators and easy-update rates tool.
It’s also why we conduct annual surveys to learn how our clients feel about the CMS — both insights into what’s working well and where there’s room for improvement.
In fact, we’ve augmented our simple CMS based on feedback from prior surveys, adding a link checker, webform builder, and two-factor authentication and password enhancements. We’re not ones to rest on our laurels, however, which is why we continue to collect data.
Here are the results of the 2021 survey:
On average, how often do you access the CMS?
- Almost never: 0%
- Once or twice a month: 16.67%
- Once or twice a week: 58.33%
- Once a day: 16.67%
- Multiple times a day: 8.33%
BrownBoots’ easy-to-use CMS is one of our big differentiators. Giving you the freedom to quickly manage your own website takes our custom bank websites to the next level. We’re thrilled to see how often our clients are taking advantage of these tools.
What tasks do you typically complete in the CMS?
- Manage alert messages: 91.67%
- Edit existing pages: 83.33%
- Update homepage message(s): 66.67%
- Add new pages: 58.33%
- Create blog posts: 58.33%
All of the various CMS tools are being used to some capacity, and most of them are being used regularly.
What do you like best about the CMS?
- “I can make emergency updates from my mobile device.”
- “Page templates help maintain consistency.”
- “The ability to make a change using the staff manager tool that then gets reflected throughout the website.”
- “I like that changes happen instantly!”
- “The option to preview your changes before publishing them.”
- “The ability to make easy changes ourselves.”
- “For the most part, it’s very easy to use and simple to navigate.”
Remember what we said about wanting you to love the CMS? These testimonials are music to our ears!
Which feature would you most like to see integrated in the CMS?
Answers in order of priority:
- Start/stop publication for alerts
- Page-specific fields for Google Analytics
- Multiple navigation menus
- Character counter for metadata fields
We hear you! Adding spellcheck and the ability to schedule the publish and removal of alerts are at the top of our list, and after we release those features, it’s onto the next.
Thank you to everyone who took the time to complete the survey. Stay tuned for more CMS announcements!